Thursday, April 11, 2013

SECOND CHANCE BOYFRIEND. a book review.


Wow? What can I say? Where do I start? Okay let’s get this through.

First and foremost I would like to thank Ms. Monica Murphy for creating the Drew + Fable love story. It is indeed one of my favorite love stories. I am so glad I happen to read these books and I have no regrets in whatsoever. In fact I like… uh no… in fact, I LOVE these books, One Week Girlfriend and Second Chance Boyfriend.




Talking about second chances? What are worth the second chances? Life? Family? Friends? Enemies? Lover? Well as for me, I say, if it’s worth the second chance, then you must follow what your heart truly desires.



We all know Drew im-going-to-kick-him-in-the-balls-next-time-i-see-him Callahan screwed things up. He left Fable with his MARSHMALLOW note and that leaves the girl oh so broken-hearted. Yep. Confusions settles in. after what they shared on their one week getaway after all those what happened to them in Carmel, all of a sudden it all fades away, just like a bubble that bursts.


Enter the second book. Second Chance Boyfriend. Well. It’s about time to get all mushy and sweet. Drew Callahan asked Fable for her forgiveness and his another chance to redeem himself from all the shitty things that he has done to her on the first book.

MARSHMALLOW. That very word made Fable gone crazy. All the what if’s came to her mind. She hesitated at first to respond Drew’s text but worry kicks in. sure, she’s still concerned of the man who breaks her heart in to pieces. That’s what Drew does to Fable. She cannot resist him. She wants to hate him for abandoning her, for ignoring her, for leaving her on air, yet she’s still there when the man she loves needs some rescuing.



And… I leave you with that of what happens next… I don’t want to be such a spoiler.


DO MAGIC. ENTER HER HEART WITHOUT TOUCHING HER.

I really like how the story goes on. The story is just suits for my mood lately. Not so heavy that I end up crying so hard and not too light that I get bored so easily.

This talks all the second chances in life. And most of all second chances wouldn’t be possible without the forgiveness. Although some of the characters regret what they stupidly done that results in hurting another person, yet forgiveness and love still prevails.



Talking about characters, Drew Callahan. Well Drew is Drew. Say it all, he’s got all those descriptions a boy next door has. Don’t forget about being a football player? Okay, I think my panties just dropped. Although he’s quite perfect on the outside, he’s broken on the inside. He’s got  many problems that he’s facing and carrying and most of all he has some trust issues that’s why you can get it why he’s kinda withdrawn to someone.


Fable on the other hand is as broken as Drew. She has her personal problems too and family problems sit atop on the list. Taking care of her little brother while her mother is out there wasting so much of her life, that’s Fable’s life.

Owen is a good boy. Although he can be sometimes as rebellious as he is, yet he has a good heart. He still believes his mother will change for the betterment and that they will still become a one happy family. Talking about faith? Yep! That’s Owen!

Drew’s Dad. I admire how he accepts the truth after the bitchy Adele confessed to him. At fc*kin last, he already opened his eyes and saw the truth that Adele is only after his money. That she never loved him the way he loves her. I admire how he asks for Drew’s forgiveness. Despite how they were detached to one another before, he still cannot resist his son. Indeed BLOOD IS THICKER THAN WATER.

Adele. Well I just want to slap her, throw punches right to her face, pull her hair until nothing’s left and drag her to hell! Arrrgggghhhh! Good for her she killed herself. That pays for her bitchiness and arrrgggghhhh, sch a fc*kin pain in the arse.

Well all in all I like this story so much it hurts. I know im going to miss these two luvies in my life. Drew and Fable made such a great impact in my book junkie life. There’ll always be what we call “special” like the Drew+Fable valentine special or Christmas special or whatsoever special. From time to time, we can hear these love birds. And we can go all mushy and in love all over again. They’re indeed one of my favorite couples. In fact  I made them a special board on my pinterest site.


To Ms. Monica Murphy, thank you so much for bringing these two marshy mallows in the booklandia. I knew it that you will hit big this time. You’re definitely marshmallowy amazing. Haha marshmallowy? Really? Anyways. 

Hats off to you! I will always be your fan. You can always count on me and I can never get tired of posting graphic photos on pinterest and dedicate it to you. I love yah that much! Im so glad you became my friend even though we haven’t seen in person, but I can feel the sincerity in it. Thank you so much!

Keep writing and I’ll keep reading<3

        Five          

Marvelous 

Amazing 

Romantic 

Sweet 

Happily Ever After 

Mellow 

Awe-inspiring 

Likable 

Lovable 

Overwhelming 


Well-written


STARS FOR THIS BOOK! 

xo,
Emilie <3




No comments:

Post a Comment